Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stock 88 5.0 sn/89 problems

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Other than spark blowing out I can not think of anything.

Junior SCH Member
    hello speedy
    thats all i can think of other than would the car have the same reation if the belt was slipping? not sure.also what is my best defence against spark blow out?
    thanks

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Close the gap. .032 and Autolite 24

Senior SCH Member
    DO YOU HAVE SPEED DENSITY OR MASS AIR? IF YOU HAVE S.D. YOU REQUIRE A CHECK VALVE SET UP. DO YOU HAE A CHECK VALVE SET UP SO THE MAP SENSOR DOESN'T SEND BAD SIGNALS TO THE COMPUTER? I KNOW IT IS A BASIC QUESTION BUT JUST CHECKING. NOT HAVING CHECK VALVE SET-UP WILL GIVE PROBLEMS LIKE YOU DESCRIBE FOR S.D.

Senior SCH Member
    A good point we overlooked. See here for my solution to this problem:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...ty+check+valve

F=MA

Junior SCH Member
    sounds like your onto something..
    i just installed the autolite 3924`s gapped at 32. seems to run smoother for sure but same prob.i`ve been checking out the check valve issue you brought up. i dont have one in line just a hose coming out of the intake to the map sensor.so i just got back from the store and picked up a universal check valve for $5 seems kinda wimpy though. im gonna throw it in line and see what happens.
    stay tuned
    thanks

Junior SCH Member
    wow !!! IT WORKED!!! it doesnt drop off anymore. the check valve i bought was in the help me isle of the parts store. on the one side of the valve fits onto the hose fine but the other side of the valve is really small.had to rig it to work.should i see if i can find one with both sides the same(larger diameter)? also i got a backfire im thinking the timming needs to be backed off.anyway you guys rock!!!
    also i did drill a sixteenth of an inch hole in the hose before it hits the map sensor.
    thanks guys you helped me all through this project from rebuild to install. everytime i had a question you helped find the answer.hopefully this thread will help out anyone else with a stock 5.0 without a/c and maf.
    ken