Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
3" Pulley Swap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3" Pulley Swap

3" Pulley Swap

I'm ordering a 3" pulley for my Novi1000. How hard is it to change them out?

Another question...can the 1000 take a 2.75" pulley with my setup?
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Won't that void your warantee? I think you need to get a puller if you don't already have one.

Yea, changing the blower pulley WILL void the warranty!
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

I think I'm still going to change it out. Where can I get this puller? I don't have one.

What about the 2.75" pulley? Anyone know what boost that will take it too?

I do appreciate the help!

Keith
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

Originally posted by NOVIGT
    I think I'm still going to change it out. Where can I get this puller? I don't have one.

What about the 2.75" pulley? Anyone know what boost that will take it too?

I do appreciate the help!

Keith
    ASP will make about any pulley you want. I dont know how much boost a 2.75 will make on a Novi 1k, but a 2.95 blower pulley on a Novi 2k makes about 18psi
    Doug
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

you can just get a baisc pulley puller from any auto parts store, just be carefull not to ruin the drive threads. You may be able to calculate what your boost would be by changing the pulley drive ratio. If you know the pressure drop ratio, take the amount of boost your making now and the current pulley drive ratio, take total boost and calculate that with the pressure drop ratio then add the new pulley drive ratio, you should be in the ball park. I am going to get the tech specs like PDR, efficiency ratio, flow, peak efficiency RPM for the N-1K from Paxton soon, I'll let you know what I come up with.

Of cource all ball park calculations would assume minium inlet restrictions so on and so fourth

Junior SCH Member
    I would see what paxton would do for you as far as changing the pully out, to keep in warranty and ask them whats the max boost the novie 1000 will push couse you dont want to over work the blower and make no CFM's couse all you would be doing in blowing hot air into you car wich would couse predetnation and blow your motor up

I use to see 16 psi @ 6000rpm on my novi 2000 with a 3 1/8 pully now I have a power pipe and a 3inch pully im thinking it will push 20-24psi at 6800 but who nows couse i have ported the head and put a intercooler and we all now we lose boost with thouse things

got enough mods , but if I dont have enough ill go get more

I've seen another guy running the 3" and he's had no problems. Thanks for all the info and keep posting if you have any new info.
    -------------
    01 GT with Novi1000

I measured my Novi pulley last night and its 3", what size is yours? Mine is brand new never tampred with but its for a 5.0 86-93 car.

mine's 3.25"

Well its kind of hard to measure it with that plastic titty cap in the center of the pulley, edge to edge mine looks like 3 1/8" with a 1/16" lip all of the way around, its prolly the same as yours.

Why not just go w/ a larger crank pulley instead? If you go too small on the blower pulley it wont have as much belt drive contact area and could cause slipage.

any suggestions on the crank pulley for my car?

measure it up and see how large you can get away with and I'll bet ASP can make you one.